Using my new template, I wanted to create a screen saver for my photos. I liked the look of the Picasa screen saver and wanted to see if I accomplish something similar in WPF. Below is the result.
The photos animate in & out to random locations. It’s also configurable to show photos from any directory on your machine.
You can get the screen saver here.
- Be sure you have .NET Framework 3.0. (If you’re running Vista, you’re good to go!)
- Download the ZIP file and Extract All files.
- Copy the PixPile.scr file to convenient location on your C: drive.
- Right click the PixPile.scr file.
- Select Install.
- In the Windows Screen Saver Dialog, select the PixPile screen saver.
- Click Settings button.
- Delete the Spiral.scr file.
08 Jan 07:
- Fixed a crash after long runs.
18 Jan 07:
- Changed photo “drop shadow” from using a BitmapEffect to an transparent Rectangle to enhance perf.
- Reduced border size and tweeked fade in animation,
- Added setting to change min and max photo size to work better with screens of different resolutions.