Tomorrow, I leave for Chile!
The plan is to fly in to Santiago, and then head north to Valparaiso, a nearby seaport city. I’ll be spending the majority of my time, though, in one of the most remote places in the world: Easter Island.
It’s my first major trip traveling alone, and I’m really excited about it. Over Thanksgiving, I did a 10 day Vipassana meditation retreat, which was awesome. (If it’s something you’ve considered, I’d highly recommend it. It’s a challenging experience, but definitely worth it.) So, I think having this time by myself in place like Chile will be invigorating.
I may come back weighing 300 pounds. 🙂
- local time
- valparaiso: UTC – 3 (noon in seattle = 5pm in valparaiso)
- easter island: UTC – 6 (noon in seattle = 3pm in easter island)
- 1 usd = 663 Chilean pesos
- valparaiso: sunny, mid-70s
- easter island: sunny, mid-70s
- easter island trivia